View Single Post
Old 7 Jan 2011 , 19:50 PM   #140
FiremanSam
Privileged

Threads: 1
FiremanSam has much to be proud ofFiremanSam has much to be proud ofFiremanSam has much to be proud ofFiremanSam has much to be proud ofFiremanSam has much to be proud ofFiremanSam has much to be proud ofFiremanSam has much to be proud ofFiremanSam has much to be proud ofFiremanSam has much to be proud of
Barnstable County Registry of Deeds website

Interesting. I've just been back to the Barnstable Country Registry of Deeds website to check on documents pertaining to one of David Angell's former properties, 55 Seapine Road. I have screen captures of 8 documents related to this property and was looking for the original Quitclaim Covenant granted to Angell in 1986. Apparently, however, these documents no longer exist!

Additionally, entering 'David Angell' as the search criteria for a 'Land Docs by Name' search returns only 3 results, rather than the scores that should be there. However, when I search for the other two properties by address (21 Shattuck Lane and 149 Hardings Lane) the documents are still available.

Is the site be trying to control access to these records, by severely curtailing the number of results returned by a search against Angell's name? Technically, they could still claim that the records are open to the public provided the user knows the Angell's previous addresses.

What the issue with Seapine Lane might be is anybody's guess. Perhaps we've touched a raw nerve here?

Perhaps somebody could visit the site and confirm the above?

Fireman Sam
FiremanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FiremanSam For This Useful Post: